Offered the second Saturday of every month from 10am – noon, ENGAGE: Side by Side presents the time and opportunity for a big person and a little person to make art side-by-side together. These two-hour workshops are related to the current gallery exhibition and provide a fun and rewarding time for parents, grandparents, Big Brothers and Big Sisters to work with a young person while exploring new materials and creating projects as a team. ENGAGE studio workshops are available to the public the second Saturday of every month from September – May.
April 12 and May 10 Side-by-Side Tied + Radical Jewelry Makeover by Susie Ganch
For this exhibition we will be offering workshops that focus on creating your own jewelry from every day or recycled materials. Students will work non-traditional materials to create beads, necklaces, rings or bracelets with techniques like:
- Wire-wrapped objects
- Paper Bead Making
- Bead painting
- Recycled fabric jewelry
- Rolled fabric and paper jewelry
Come and join us!
- Gates open at 9:30 AM.
- Workshops begin at 10:00AM and run from 10:00 AM to Noon.
- Cost is $10 per team per workshop. VisArts members and Big Brothers/Big Sisters teams participate for free!
- A team is a child (age 5 to 12) and an adult. A team can have one or two children. Additional children need to be part of another adult/child team. Teams work together at ENGAGE: Side by Side.
- Please contact Susann Whittier at 804.353.0094 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.