CANCELLATIONS & WITHDRAWALS – ADULT CLASSES
- Visual Arts Center of Richmond reserves the right to cancel any class with insufficient enrollment. Fees are 100 percent refundable if the class is canceled by the Visual Arts Center of Richmond.
- A student has 90 days after they are notified of a class cancellation to resolve a refund or transfer of fees. After this point, any registration or material fees will be considered a donation to the Visual Arts Center of Richmond.
- In the event a student must withdraw from a class, he or she may do so up to 7 days prior to the start date of the class, and will receive a 75% refund of class cost plus any equipment or material fees.
- Class enrollment is nontransferable: requesting to transfer to another section of the same class is considered a withdrawal.
- Failure to attend class does not constitute an official notice of withdrawal.
- Withdrawals fewer than 7 days prior to the start date are not refundable and course fees are not transferable.
- To withdraw from a course please email our registrar or call us at 353.0094 x210.
- A credit of your enrollment fee may be issued for medically excused emergencies (with documentation) or family bereavement.
- Students are responsible for the payment of any tuition differences resulting from a transfer of courses.
- In the event that you MUST transfer after the start date of a course for reasons beyond your control, a 25% administrative fee, and the tuition cost for each class that has met, will be deducted from the tuition available for transfer. This transferable balance will NOT be issued as a credit.
FEES FOR CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS – YOUTH CLASSES
- Transfers of registration for ArtVenture (youth) classes are subject to a $10 transfer fee for EACH course transferred.
- No transfers may be completed after a class has been confirmed. (ArtVenture classes are confirmed two weeks prior to the start date of each class in the summer, and one week prior to the start of class in the fall and winter-spring).
NOTE ON INSTRUCTORS – ADULT AND YOUTH CLASSES
- Visual Arts Center of Richmond may on occasion need to substitute an instructor for a course. This is done with the recommendation of the scheduled instructor and does not diminish the quality of instruction.