Welcome to the Visual Arts Center of Richmond, where we’re celebrating 50 years of creativity in 2013!
We have the largest non-university arts program in Virginia and would love to welcome you inside our doors for a class, an exhibit or to share the stories of our wonderful outreach programs. We have classes for all ages and all skill levels, and our classes have been voted “Best of Richmond” and are on the “Richmonders Must Do List for 2013.”
This past year, we’re proud to have touched more than 28,000 lives in our community. Our students and friends have said they “love, love, love this place!” One even said that VisArts “healed my heart.” We help people get in touch with their creative sides, and relieve the stress from everyday life.
Sign up for a class online, or pop in during business hours and say, “hi!” We are happy to talk you through the registration process, or about about what class might suit you best. We look forward to seeing you here at VisArts!
- Classes without sufficient enrollment five to seven days prior to the first class will be canceled.
- Late registrations are welcome with space available and instructor’s permission, but will not be permitted after a class has met more than 2 sessions.
- Full payment must accompany registration.
- Class fees will not be pro-rated for any reason.
- Payment may be made by cash, check, or charge card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express).
- Unless otherwise noted, adult classes are open to ages 16 and above.
- A security person is on duty Monday-Friday evenings when classes are scheduled and is available to escort students to their cars.
- Visual Arts Center classes are eligible for re-certification and continuing educations credit. Participating students and teachers should check first with their adviser or school system specialist to confirm necessary hours for credit. Upon request, those participating will receive a letter of completion from the program director.